Friday, November 03, 2006

Prayer Changes Me

The following poem was emailed to me today by a friend. I thought that I would share the poem with you.

Prayer Changes Me

I come into God's awesome presence.
I offer God praise and thanksgiving.
I become humble, forgiving and grateful.

I reflect on God's will for me.
I seek only God's glory in my life.
I strive to be God's faithful servant.

Prayer sustains and strenghens me.
Prayer joins me with others in action
Prayer changes me.

Prayer changes my attitude
Not my circumstances.
I move from control to trust.

I stop trying to manipulate God.
I listen quietly for God's word.
I learn to live with the mystery.

Prayer moves my self centeredness
To God centeredness and My self pity to indifference.

In prayer, I cling only to God
Not people, places or things.
In prayer, I find peace and joy.
--Author Unknown

No comments: